For many small businesses, even claims of a seemingly insignificant nature can have enormous financial consequences. It is important for any small to medium-sized business owner to make sure that they have skilled and capable legal representation looking out for their best interests.
Lisbeth Freeman offers a wide range of legal assistance for small business owners throughout Fort Myers and surrounding areas of Lee County. As an entrepreneur herself, she is extremely knowledgeable in all areas of tax and business law, advising clients on matters such as business formation and dissolution.
Lee County Small Business Lawyer
Lisbeth Freeman Law PLLC provides clients with ongoing consultation and assists small businesses with such issues as:
- Business Formation or Dissolution — An experienced attorney can help you with such business ownership structures as a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability partnership (LLP), limited partnership (LP), limited liability company (LLC), corporation, or nonprofit corporation.
- Legal Documents — It is critical to have legal representation for assistance with review and registration of intellectual property such as trademarks and copyrights, preparation and review of contracts, and proper crafting of confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, and general employee agreements and workplace compliance issues.
- Tax and Business Litigation — Any type of legal dispute can quickly become extremely costly for a small business, but working with a knowledgeable lawyer can help you avoid or settle claims relating to discrimination, fraud, breach of contract, or other issues as quickly as possible.
- Worker Classification — For tax purposes, you will want legal advice on whether your workers will be classified as employees or independent contractors, how they will be compensated, and what training and equipment will be provided.
- Permits and Licensing — It is important to make sure that your business obtains all federal, state, and local licenses, and a lawyer can ensure that you do not overlook any required permits.
Fort Myers Business Law Attorney
Investing in the help of a small business lawyer now can save your company a great deal later. There are a wide variety of services that legal counsel can provide business owners so their small or medium-sized businesses remain as profitable as possible.
If you are starting a small business in the greater Fort Myers area or need help with an existing one in Southwest Florida, you should seek legal help with your business-related matters. Contact Lisbeth Freeman Law PLLC right now to discuss your business issues and concerns during a free consultation.
Admitted to the Bar in Florida, New York, and Washington, D.C.